Traditionally the Christmas and New Year period has been perceived as a slow time in Real Estate but this is not necessarily the case. There are some significant advantages to selling during this time…
• There are generally a high number of cashed up buyers looking to secure a property during their time off.
• There are fewer properties on the market, making your home stand out which also creates more competition between buyers.
• Buyers looking at property during this time of year are SERIOUS about purchasing and generally want to move in before school starts back.
• Although this time of year can be ‘holiday busy’ it is also when people have the time to look and research properties.
• Remember if you are coming to the market during the holidays don’t overdo the Christmas decorations – less is definitely more when it comes to the tinsel and ornaments and make sure your home is clean and tidy.
So if you are considering selling over the holidays make sure you find a reliable Real Estate Agent who’s committed on being around and won’t disappear on you.
The best platform for people looking to connect with real estate agents who specialise in their chosen suburbs is FindMy® Real Estate Agent. Check out which real estate agents are profiled as specialists in your suburb.